Monday, July 27, 2009

workin on my time managament skills

I am the absolute worst at spending my time wisely. I seem to put everything off to the last minute, then run out of time. THEN do the same thing again the next day and the next day. I've been known to put off dinner until 9pm, return phone calls the week after, never return text messages because I forget, and complain that I never have "me time" on a daily basis.
After reading a very informative article in an etsy email... that I can't seem to find anymore, it became clear to me that I could get so much more done if I put together a "to do list" daily. No more procrastination and no more forgetting!
I've managed to follow my to do list for about 3 days now and boy do I feel good! I skip my afternoon naps with the baby to get in my "me time + craft time". I also start dinner promptly at 6pm, no later. No excuses. I am just trying to be as productive as possible and when I see that my goal for the day is to make 3 new time of the month wallets, and 2 new headbands, etc etc, I get it done. I don't just keep waiting until I have enough time to complete everything, I do it little by little throughout the day whenever I have the time.
Best of all, I have more time to blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment